Please see the guidelines and selection process for our award nominations below:
- Currently a Chief Operating Officer of companies in any industry or nonprofits in the United States
- Must report directly to the CEO, Founder, business owner, etc.
- The individual has made significant contributions to their organization, in the areas of, but not limited to: people, processes, performance, etc.
The nomination process
Consider nominating a Chief Operating Officer who has performed beyond expectations to contribute in a significant way towards the achievement of their organization. Simply complete our 2018 COO of the Year award online nomination form.
- Nominations are being accepted from October 10, 2018 - November 30, 2018
- All information submitted will be kept confidential
- You may nominate yourself, or an individual whom you feel deserves to be nominated for their achievements
Tips for writing your nomination
- Give specific examples of what your nominee has accomplished in 2018 that is worth recognizing
- Explain your relationship with the nominee to help us better understand their impact
The Nomination Committee will select those individuals that meet our award criteria and stand out amongst the others for their contributions. Selections will be based exclusively on the information provided with the Award Nomination Form, as well as additional information that is gathered upon completion of the form.
nomination committee & Credibility
Adam Kaplan helps CEOs, Business Owners, Founders, etc. recruit their second-in-command, the Chief Operating Officer. Adam's expertise in placing COOs stems from his contribution as the COO Forum Chapter Director for the Detroit market, as well as having been a COO himself for a dental services business in the past.
Our Nomination Committee is comprised of Adam Kaplan, as well as other highly regarded CEOs/ Founders, and current/ former COOs who have been an integral part in the cultivation of a successful CEO/ COO partnership. Most of these individuals specialize as professional development coaches and are members of peer mentoring organizations for CEOs, business owners, and executives of small to mid-sized businesses.
Acknowledging award recipients
The recipient(s) of each award will be announced and recognized in January 2019.
Nominations are open from October 10, 2018 - November 30, 2018.
For more information
Please send an email to Adam Kaplan, Nominee Chair, at email@example.com.